Follow the Frank Palmer Speare Society on Facebook!
Closely Held Business Stock
How It Works
- You make a gift of your closely held stock to Northeastern and get a qualified appraisal to determine its value
- You receive a charitable income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the stock
- Northeastern may keep the stock or offer to sell it back to your company
- You receive an income-tax deduction for the fair-market value of stock
- You pay no capital-gain tax on any appreciation
- Your company may repurchase the stock, thereby keeping your ownership interest intact
- Northeastern receives a significant gift
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.